Our name Saint Peter-Marian comes from the two schools that formed it: Saint Peter’s High School and Marian High School.
There are four dates on the SPM seal (in the footer below). The year 1921 refers to the year in which Saint Peter’s High School was established, on Main Street in Worcester. At the time, St Peter’s was a coeducational parish school operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph. The building is now occupied by St. Peter Central Catholic Elementary School.
The year 1963 refers to the year in which Marian High School was built, an all-female school which was located on the present-day site of Saint Peter-Marian. Marian High School was operated by the Sisters of Mercy. The year 1976 refers to the merging of St. Peter’s High School and Marian High School to form Saint Peter-Marian High School. And finally, 1989 refers to the year that we expanded to include Junior High School students.
Saint Peter-Marian’s campus is situated upon a hill in a residential neighborhood. It is less than one mile to the town of Holden, Massachusetts.
The campus contains a football field, a baseball field, a softball field, and a soccer field. The parking lot can hold several hundred automobiles.
Click here to download a PDF copy of Saint Peter-Marian’s Technology Plan.